Assist with planning and staffing the Book Fair. The Book Fair is scheduled for September 27 – October 1.
Help plant and water flowers or shrubs in containers, beds and garden.
Assist school staff with general clerical duties such as copying, distributing, cover the front desk if needed, etc.
Assist with implementing and staffing Field Day, held in the spring.
Marketing & Public Relations
- School Historian – Maintain scrapbook of school events and activities throughout the year
- Photography – Take pictures during school events and activities throughout the year for use by School Historian and Yearbook Committee
Parents Social Committee
Help coordinate Parents Social Events once a quarter during the school year.
Coordinate fundraising opportunities such as Harris Teeter VIC Card Rewards, Boxtops for Education, Bi-Lo Bonus Cards, and Target Red Card Awards.
Working with teachers, help coordinate classroom events throughout the year and keep classroom parents informed of planned events.
School Events Coordinators
- Talent Show – assist with set-up and clean-up of Annual Talent Show in January.
- Spirit Week / Friendship Flowers – assist with ordering, tagging and distribution of Friendship Flowers during Spirit Week
- Grandperson’s Day – assist with food coordination, set-up and tear down for reception during Grandperson’s Day in May
Organize teacher appreciation lunches and volunteer room coverage during luncheon. Work with room parents and PSFO to recognize teachers at various times throughout the year.
The uniform closet provides a place for uniform exchange for children’s outgrown uniforms. Once a month, volunteers organize and straighten the uniform closet.
Assist Yearbook Chair with yearbook production, collecting photographs as well as gathering sponsorship from school families and surrounding businesses.